Wednesday, September 23, 2009

today is the best day...

that I've had in a long time. Today is our 4th anniversary. J and I always make sure our anniversaries are celebrated because it's important to us that we ALWAYS appreciate each other and never take what we have for granted. I mean of course everyone celebrates their anniversary, but you know what I mean - we like to spend the whole day together making googly eyes and trading compliments and spoiling each other. I guess everyone probably does that too, lol... Anyway, today is a day all about the positive and it is so refreshing. I put in for this day off at work like forever ago because otherwise I'd be gone until 7. So we slept in until 11 and then we went for a nice long drive in the country. One of our favorite pastimes. It's nice because we get to just be outside, listen to the radio and enjoy the sunshine and each other's company. Definitely one of my favorite 'simple' pleasures. He had to go into work for a few hours but when he gets home we're having a dinner/movie date. I was gonna go all fancy, but I'm actually more in the mood for Ruby Tuesday. I want typhoon shrimp lol. Anyway, the point is, I am SO GRATEFUL for my husband. He is my best friend and the man I was meant to be with and sometimes it seems surreal that I wound up as half of one of those super-happy glowing couples but I am, and I am so so so happy. Sometimes I think I get so wrapped up in what I don't have (a baby, of course) that I forget to appreciate what I do have. I have to always remember to have faith in our love and just like, in the world, and to trust that our path will take us to all of our dreams eventually. I need to enjoy the ride alot more than I have been. TTC is emotionally exhausting and I will never want a baby any less than I ever have, but I'm hoping someday I'll look back and read this blog, and I won't read myself say again in a few weeks about how much my life sucks. Because it doesn't. Sometimes the ride to your destination can be beautiful too. Anyway, when we were on our drive, I just had this overwhelming sense of peace and excitement. I just felt so HAPPY with no stress, no worries. I can't even remember the last time I felt like that. So carefree. Something just came over me, this feeling of like, 'everything is going to work out FANTASTIC' and I looked at my husband and I told him that by our 5th anniversary we would have a baby on the way. And I just knew it was true, I can feel it. AF showed up today which of course sucks because HELLO it's our anniversary but honestly I'm excited as all heck because this means on Friday I will start clomid! And I have such a good feeling about it, I really do.



* I was reading through old blog entries on 9/30 and wanted to add - this was also the day we saw those coyotes! I don't want to forget about that. We took a shortcut down J's parents' road, which is way out in the middle of nowhere and we saw 2 coyotes, one was just standing there like 20 feet from us, it was awesome :]

No comments:

Post a Comment